The National Maternal and Perinatal Mortality Clinical Expert Group (NMPMCEG) provides expert clinical advice regarding all components of the National Maternal and Perinatal Mortality Data Collections.
Terms of reference
- Provides expert clinical advice regarding maternal and perinatal mortality data collection and oversight development of data set specifications (DSS) for National Maternal Mortality Data Collection (NMMDC) and National Perinatal Mortality Data Collection (NPMDC).
- Advises the AIHW on state and territory data collection processes regarding maternal and perinatal mortality data.
- The Committee will report through the Chair:
- to the overarching National Maternity Data Development Project Advisory Group for reporting, policy and strategic matters.
- to the Group Head, Data Strategies and Discovery Group, AIHW (or delegate) for functional matters.
The NMPMCEG comprises of a representative from each State or Territory Maternal and/or Perinatal Mortality Committee or their delegate, the Chair of the National Maternity Data Development Project Advisory Group (NMDDPAG) and the AIHW.
Other observers and temporary members may be invited on a transitory basis as their expertise is required.
The NMPMCEG is currently chaired by Professor Michael Humphrey, who is the Perinatal Advisor to the AIHW.
|Organisation name||Name of representative|
|Chair of the NMPMCEG|
Perinatal advisor to the AIHW
|Prof Michael Humphrey|
|AIHW||Ms Deanna Eldridge|
|Chair of the NMDDPAG||Prof Jeremy Oats|
Chair, NSW Maternal and Perinatal Mortality Review Committee
|Prof Jonathan Morris|
Acting Chair, Victorian Consultative Council on Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity
|Prof Mark Umstad|
Co-Chairs, Qld Maternal and Perinatal Quality Council
Prof Leonie Callaway
Chair, SA Maternal and Perinatal Mortality Committee
Prof Jodie Dodd
Chair, WA Perinatal and Infant Mortality and Maternal Mortality Committees
Dr Michael Gannon
Chair, Tasmanian Council of Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity
Dr Michelle Williams
Chair, ACT Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Committee
|Dr Amanda Dyson|
Chair, NT Perinatal and Maternal Mortality and Morbidity Review Committee
Dr Jeremy Chin
Secretariat support is provided by the AIHW Perinatal Data Unit.
Contact details for the Secretariat are:
Secretariat, National Maternal and Perinatal Mortality Clinical Expert Group
Phone: (02) 6249 5251
Email: [email protected]