Links & other information

Child protection agencies

If you believe a child is in immediate danger or in a life-threatening situation, call 000.

How do I report a child protection matter?

If you wish to report a child protection matter, directly contact the agency responsible for child protection in your state or territory:

New South Wales

Department of Communities & Justice

Tel. 132 111


Department of Health and Human Services

Tel. 131 278 (after hours emergency, visit website for area contact numbers)


Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women

Tel. (07) 3235 9999 or 1800 177 135 (after hours and weekends; visit regional intake service for contact numbers)

Western Australia

Department of Communities - Child Protection and Family Support

Tel. 1800 273 889 (Central intake)
(08) 9223 1111 or country free call on 1800 199 008 (out of business hours).

South Australia

Department for Child Protection

Tel. 131 478


Department of Communities Tasmania

Tel. 1800 000 123

Australian Capital Territory

Child and Youth Protection Services

Tel. 1300 556 729

Northern Territory

Territory Families

Tel. 1800 700 250