1 Oct 2020 - GIRS catgeories added to Spatial distribution of the supply of the clinical health workforce 2014 map.
3 Dec 2019 - An amendment has been made on page 320 to correct the unit of measure for rates of burden from hearing loss, and from otitis media, in Indigenous and non-Indigenous children. The rates reported as “DALYs per 1,000” have been amended to “DALYs per 100,000”.
18 Jun 2019 - The edition of this report released on 20 June 2018, stated “It is estimated that about 1 in 10 (11%) Australians identify as LGBTI (AHRC 2014)”. Following questions raised about these data the AIHW has made the following amendments.
The following text has been removed:
- Page 7: “An estimated 11% of Australians may be of diverse sexual orientation, sex or gender identity (AHRC 2014).”
- Page 9: “AHRC (Australian Human Rights Commission) 2014. Face the facts: lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people 2014. Sydney: AHRC.”
- Page 284: “It is estimated that about 1 in 10 (11%) Australians identify as LGBTI (AHRC 2014).”
- Page 287: “AHRC (Australian Human Rights Commission) 2014. Face the facts: lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people. Sydney: Australian Human Rights Commission.”
- On page 284 the following text has been added:
“Based on the Australian Bureau of Statistics 2014 General Social Survey, 3.0% of adults identified as gay, lesbian or as having an 'other' sexual orientation (ABS 2015).
In a survey of 1,168 students aged 12–17 from rural areas of Australia, 89% were attracted only to people of the opposite sex. Of the remaining 11%, 6% were unsure, 2% were attracted to both sexes and 3% were attracted only to people of the same sex (Hillier et al. 1996).”
- On page 287 the following references have been added:
“ABS 2015. General Social Survey: Summary Results, Australia, 2014. ABS cat. no. 4159.0. Canberra: ABS.”
“Hillier L, Warr D & Haste B 1996. The Rural Mural: Sexuality and Diversity in Rural Youth. Melbourne: National Centre in HIV Social Research, Program in Youth/General Population, La Trobe University.”