This report would not have been possible without the valued cooperation and efforts of the data providers: the state and territory health authorities and individual public hospitals. The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) thanks them for their timely supply of the data and for their assistance with data validation and preparation of this report.
The AIHW’s Australian Hospital Statistics Advisory Committee has been of great assistance to this project. Committee members who contributed to this report are:
- Peita Bonato (Australian Capital Territory Health Directorate)
- Tina Hardin (South Australian Department for Health and Ageing)
- Amanda Lanagan (Northern Territory Department of Health)
- Peter Mansfield (Tasmanian Department of Health)
- Rosangela Merlo (Victorian Department of Health and Human Services)
- Andrew Puljic (Western Australian Department of Health)
- Allan Went (New South Wales Ministry of Health)
- Ben Wilkinson (Queensland Department of Health).
Within the AIHW, the report was prepared by Katrina Burgess, Alexei Dukhnovski, Michaela Gilbert and Jane McIntyre. Data compilation and validation were undertaken by Kelly Cheng and Brett Henderson. The contributions of Adrian Webster, Sally Mills and George Bodilsen are gratefully acknowledged.