This report describes a conceptual framework for monitoring overweight and obesity in Australia.
At a national level, monitoring is important to understand the health of the population and the need for treatment and services. The objective of a national monitoring framework for overweight and obesity is to guide reporting on prevalence, risk factors, treatment and management, as well as impacts (such as burden of disease) in Australia, across population groups and over time. This framework will support national policy development and public health initiatives.
- Why is monitoring important?
2. Monitoring framework for overweight and obesity
- Key reporting areas
3. Key measures for monitoring overweight and obesity in Australia
- Prevalence and incidence
- Preventing overweight and obesity
- Factors influencing overweight and obesity
- Treatment and management
- Impacts of overweight and obesity
- Priority areas
Appendix A: Data sources for monitoring overweight and obesity
End matter: Acknowledgments; Abbreviations; Glossary; References; List of tables and figures; Related publications