Aims of the project
The aims of the project include:
- To establish a national linked data platform that integrates relevant existing health data sets for the purposes of strengthening evidence-based public health and health system planning and management for current and future pandemics.
- To provide an evidence base for epidemiological and statistical research into medium- and long-term effects of a COVID-19 diagnosis.
- To inform health service planning, evaluation, and policy development.
- To inform research projects investigating important health issues such as the impact of vaccination against COVID-19, burden of disease estimates, severity of outcomes for COVID-19 cases, etc.
- To improve the quality of national notifiable disease data.
- To support the states and territories to improve the quality of COVID-19 case data, by returning linked data to custodians.